Friday, November 18, 2011

Days 18 & 19!

Well, it wouldn't be NaNoWriMo without me having some sort of technical glitch. Yesterday, I spent a long time getting the writing done for the guest blog submission. As I went to send the submission in an email, it wouldn't attach. From the time I opened up the email to compose to the minute afterward when I tried to attach the file, my internet stopped working. I tried restarting the computer. I tried turning it off and on again. I tried talking nicely to my computer and internet. Then I tried yelling and threatening my computer and internet. I tried adjusting my firewall that had just updated. For over 2 hours I tried. Nothing, nothing worked. This morning, still nothing. I took my computer into work, and found that it does work and can pick up the internet. I'm now back home and the internet is magically working again! Knock on wood it will remain working at least until the end of the month.

That having been said, now you will understand why I didn't post yesterday and why I'll have to take 2 dares today. I also need to catch back up on my word count. I'm hoping to push and pad to get ahead this weekend, because the next 2 weeks at work will be very busy.

Speaking of busy, I better get started, so I need to talk about today's dare(s) of the day.

The first dare is from the Humor, Satire, & Parody dares thread:

Dare:
Bright green ninja cows
BP: with radioactive axes



Awesome! Perhaps I will add a radioactive ninja cow anytime I get bored.

The second dare, well, it happened again. The most recent post in the SciFi dare thread happened to be my own. The one before mine was the dare I accepted last time. The SciFi writers don't seem to be quite as dare-ing as I had hoped. I've decided to take my own dare this time, though I hope not to make a habit of it. Perhaps if it happens again I will go with the first dare of the thread. My dare was this:

Have your main character bounce a rubber ball against a wall any time s/he is stressed.
BP if the ball lights up. 
TBP if the ball also makes loud noises or music every time it bounces. 
QBP if during a critical hiding, chase, or fight scene, this is the hero's downfall. 
Cookies if the ball turns out to be a disguised robot or weapon that helps to save the day.


Which just adds to the fun of what's going on. I'm really thinking that I will be going a bit crazy with my writing for the rest of the month. I'll basically be writing a detailed outline with snippets of scenes to get all of these dares in. I'll probably be breaking down the wall and adding personal comments as well. I just need to have fun and roll with it. Hopefully the words will just start pouring out.

A day behind at the moment, so I better get writing!

P.S. How are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment