Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 15!

(Just a point of interest, something went wrong as I tried to post this before, so I am now writing this for the second time.)

Day 15! Yes, it is the halfway point! With a bit of luck and dedication, I might make it to 25,000 words tonight!

I am both excited and frustrated to see my writing buddies soaring ahead of me in their word counts. I am glad to see that they are doing well, and to know that my encouragement, at least in a small way, has helped them to get where they are. It is frustrating as I don't like to be behind, as I am at the moment. I would prefer to be ahead of the daily goal. However, the frustration I'm feeling will hopefully help spur me on to catch up. Even when writing buddies are frustrating, they're still helpful, isn't it a wonderful thing?

Today's dare comes from the Horror & Supernatural Dares thread. Astrid indeed posted:


Leaving: Have a character talk about a defining childhood experience in which feral hunting dogs killed his cousin.
BP: He tracks them down and seeks revenge.
DBP: If he attempts to kill them with fire but fails.
TBP: If the account starts with the line "father told me the hounds had been sold to pay for mother's tombstone."
QBP: If he kills the dogs using only his hands and teeth.
Cookies: If he ends the accout with "and that's why I'm a vegetarian!"

Write a species that claims to come from the moon.
BP: If they actually do.
DBP: They photosythesise to circumvent the lack of nurtrients on the moon's surface and are somewhat translucent.
TBP: They treat sucrose like a drug.
QBP: They are the reason we don't send men to the moon anymore.
Cookies: Their shadows are parasitic independant creatures that would kill a human host outright.


Two dares in one post? I like the sound of the second one, though it does add to making my creatures even more complicated, elaborate, and a bit more crazy than they were before (and I have yet to write one into my novel...ack!). I better get to the creatures soon!

Question to you: do feel as there are two dares that I should do both? or just the second one as it is the most recent?

I will leave you to ponder that as I am off to do some writing!

2 comments:

  1. I think that since you're the one who came up with the idea to incorporate dares into your writing, you should have the final say as far as using one or both....However, if you do use both, it might give you more material to work with. Did you make a decision as of yet?

    And don't let my word count frustrate you...I'm unemployed and literally have too much time and not enough money to do anything else!!

    - K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I suppose I might do both, though it certainly is adding some downer moments to my novel.

    ReplyDelete