Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 20!

I finished yesterday with 31,679 words which meant that I was caught up. I did a happy dance before going to bed last night. Today, I started writing a couple of hours ago and have reached 33,755 words. That is great, because that means I have already gotten my day's word goal accomplished. It is also great because I now have the opportunity to get a bit ahead. That is important as I know next Saturday I won't have time to write, so I need to be a bit ahead to allow for that. I also have a lot of paperwork to do this week, so I'll be pushing to get both done at the same time.

The skipping around has helped a lot. This is because instead of sticking with a scene until it is really finished, or setting up a scene properly, I started skipping to what I think will be the most interesting parts. That interest keeps the words flowing. I've also started setting the timer during my breaks, not just for the writing time. That has really helped me focus back on to the writing when I'd be tempted to sit back and be entertained.

Today's dare comes from the Adventures forum. There were no recent posts, so I returned to the beginning of the thread, and will take the first dare. It was actually an example left by a moderator, but I will take it all the same. Dragonchilde posted:
* - introduce a character who forgot a vital eating utensil (say, a fork)
** - meet up with an indigenous group of peoples who have said eating utensil
*** - who then throw your character in prison for not possessing said eating utensil

I guess that means I'll have to throw in an indigenous group at some stage. Perhaps today. What could my characters be missing? Fork, spoon, chopsticks? I know my characters have knives, so it will need to be something different.

Thanks to all that have been reading this blog. That goes especially to those that take time to comment and those taking time from your writing to read. It really helps to encourage me to write, knowing that others are taking the time to read.

My alarm will go off soon, so I'll end this here for now and head off to do some writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment