Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Dare Problem

Hmmm...so I really didn't think this would be a problem. Today's dare of the day was meant to come from the Mystery Dares thread, however, the last dare (not post) was from me. I suppose I could do the dare, but I'm in a bit of a quandary here. This was the dare I left:
The mystery also involves a cold case from 20 years earlier.
BP if the victims are somehow related.
DBP if the murderer is also related.
TBP if the detective is also related. 
QBP if they had all been in a room together 20 years earlier, but none of them knew each other. 



Which, I think is a good dare. I could find a way to use it. However, the post below mine says:


Omg. Thank you. I'm so taking. This will definitely give my story the push it needs to not only get finished, but to make it over the 50k mark as well. Thank you (:


So, with that post, I now feel bad if I try to take the dare as well. I mean, look how happy it made that other writer! (which in turn, made me feel pretty happy) 


My decision was then to move on to the Romance Dares. Those of you that have been following this blog for the past few days might remember that I had to start that thread. Well, it currently has 16 posts since my original. That also feels pretty good, as dares have been left and taken in that time. The most recent dare was taken by someone else. It is possible for more than one person to take a dare, so I will do that in the Romance Dares thread (seeing as I had to pass by this one before). 


Therefore, I will be taking this dare from the Romance Dares thread posted by Alex Hamilton-Jefferson:


Leaving:

Have a character become completely infatuated by another character's accent... only to find out that it's fake.



Just so you know, I did check to see if there were three separate dares threads in the Mystery, Suspense, and Thriller, but sadly there was only one. I really didn't think lack of dares would be the problem when I set up this idea. It's not that there aren't dares, it's that there aren't new ones, as I am trying to use the most recent in the forum (but trying to not let that be one of mine). 


Dare chosen, better get writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment