Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 24

Also known as Thanksgiving this year. Happy Thanksgiving to all those in or from the United States!

This is one of those times of the year that it is difficult living overseas. In South Korea they have a holiday called Chuseok that they celebrate a little earlier in the year that they equate to being the same. However, for me, it isn't. It is the odd combining in the calendar of getting days off that mean nothing to me, and then having to work other days like Thanksgiving that should be special. Many times, like today, I've spent the special days doing nothing special, and likewise for the Korean holidays as they aren't special for me. I'm not trying to whine, or complain, it's just something I noticed today, as I barely even realized today was Thanksgiving. There's a lot more I could say about this, but I need to get back to my novel today. Perhaps in a later blog.

Today, I must continue on! I struggled yesterday, and only wrote about 1,200 words. I'm also not sure exactly where to start today, so I've been dragging my fingers a little. (dragging my feet would only prevent me from getting to the computer, but my time on youtube and facebook prove that wasn't the case)

My dare for today comes from the Romance Dares thread. The_Word_Fairy posted:

*** A main character is forced to join a band of terrorists or a gang and they are part of a scheme to assassinate an important figure .....and they are in love with the person they have been scheming to assassinate
BP if they knew who the person they were scheming to assassinate was before the assassination attempt
TBP if they actually go through with the assassination



Oh dear! That means I need to add someone important, and to get the extra points I will need to add a backstory as well. Hmmm....well, maybe that should be my starting point tonight. Better get writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment