Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 13 Dare

Today's dare comes from someone that I think has more words posted in the forums, than officially in their novel. I also have a problem with it for another reason. It comes from the Adventure Dares, 2011 thread:

Dare:

*No cussing
(including the words damn, shit, ass, and hell, unless you're using damn as condemn and/or shit as poop and/or ass as a type of donkey and/or hell as a place [because those are the original meanings])
**No sexual references in your book
(obviously short kisses are acceptable, as is holding hands, et cetra)
***You must include a place with rainbows + daisies, and/or a unicorn + fairies, and/or a chocolate fountain + leprechaun somewhere in your book.



This causes a problem as I already have a couple swear words in the book. I don't use a lot of profanity, but a couple of times this novel I have. I think in revision, I could perhaps alter this to do the first part of the dare. I'm still somewhat safe on dare ++. Dare +++, that one is definitely doable. I won't do the first one at this point because it would require me to go back and delete/change words which will take time. I have precious little of that at the moment, so I will fail part one but possibly achieve parts 2 and 3. 


Better get writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment