Thursday, November 3, 2011

6121

When the goal is to hit 5,000 for the day, and I get past 6,000 that feels pretty good. Whenever I give tips to people new to the NaNoWriMo experience, one of them is always to build a buffer. There will be days when creatively it will be difficult to get the 1,667. There will be days when time will be an issue. There could be (though hopefully never again) 3 days when a computer crashes and writing by hand in a notebook (so much slower!) becomes necessary. That happened to me during my first NaNoWriMo. My writing really lagged for 3 days. It's also a good time to remind everyone to back up their novel, on a usb and/or emailing it to themselves.

Back to the point, it feels good to have gone a bit above my goal each day for the first 3 days. That helps to build confidence in me and it reminds me that I can do this.

What doesn't feel good? I'm tired. I've ended up staying up later writing than planned, waking up early for no reason, then only being half asleep until my alarm goes up each day. That's why I'm going to bed after I finish this. It's time for some sleep. Then the plan is to use this weekend to build an even bigger buffer!

Tomorrow's dare comes from the Mystery, Thriller, and Suspense thread.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you're making great progress so far. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Eamon! Keep in mind that Script Frenzy is only about 6 months away. ;)

    ReplyDelete