Friday, November 4, 2011

Ah, Saturday!

Today is a day with no real plans...outside of writing. Hopefully I will get a bit ahead today. Yesterday (Friday, November 4) I finished writing with a total of 7,005 words. That is a decent total, but that means I wrote less than 900 words and I've lost my buffer. I went out with friends and had a good time, but now I need to focus and try to get ahead again.

My dare of the day was supposed to be from the Romance forum. Apparently, there is no Romance Dares thread. Well, there is now, as I created it. Hopefully some writers will notice it and add to it, or I will be doing my own dare that I left a week from now. With that being the case, I've decided to move to the next genre on the list which is the Satire, Humor, and Parody forum. I'll just check it now...

Put this randomly into your story:

- Someone goes to a curtain shop (or some other shop) but the curtain shop sells carpets. The guy who goes gets really angry at the person at the pay desk. The person at the pay desk then calls their manager, who then calls their manager, who then calls their manager and so on. The person, in retrospect... should get quite tempermental.

That should be easy enough. I doubt very much that it will be a curtain shop, though. Probably a magic shop that doesn't sell real magical items.

As a bonus note, I've decided to write a personal message to the people I've taken the dares from. They are short, but basically explain what I'm trying to do with this novel. So far I've been getting very positive responses, which is what I love about NaNoWriMo. It is a very positive experience. It is a community trying to help and encourage each other. One of them even commented that my message made their day, which in turn made mine. I may not come out of this with a workable novel, but I might come out of it with a more positive attitude and feeling about the world, which I think is far more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment