Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 22 dare!

I posted earlier tonight about how I'm feeling at the moment, and about this time of NaNoWriMo. It's really an exciting time, if you didn't read that post, I recommend hitting the older posts link to read it.

Word count: 42,131
Dares taken: 22 (officially)
Sleepiness: very
Busy factor: very
Sanity: surprisingly good!

I haven't gotten all the dares in to the novel yet, so I will really need to keep focused on getting them in soon. That may be when the sanity level drops a bit. I am ahead on word count, and that feels great! I looked at some profiles today, annoyed with people at 38,000 words. That was until I realized I was actually ahead of them. My mind is still in that catching up mode, I guess. Last night I wrote the 1,667 for the day, but it was so close to a rounder number for the total which pushed me to keep going. I noticed my count for the day was close to a better number, so I kept going for that. That left me with a very happy 2,000 words yesterday.

Today's dare comes from Mnemophage in the Horror & Supernatural dares thread:

Dare: have someone die in a way that has absolutely nothing to do with your main creatures. 

Bonus: If it's a 'natural' death, ie: heart attack after desperately fleeing for life.

Double bonus points: If the red herring screws up exposition or the plans of your main characters.

I wouldn't mind having someone die of a cause other than some creatures I create. That is just another way to keep things going. The second part is also possible. The third...well, I don't have a red herring at the moment so I don't think I will get to that one soon if at all.

It's getting late now, as I had to write this twice. Google Chrome, why is it when you say you've crashed and I tell you not to shut down, you do anyway? That is a story for another time, I suppose. I have to stick to my current novel. Better get writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment