Monday, October 31, 2011

It begins!

I watched as the clock ticked down. I went straight to the forums. Adventure was first on the list (probably due to something crazy like alphabetical order) so that is where I stopped. The most recent post in the dare thread was from a couple days earlier by a member with a username of redsamurai. Here is the first dare destined to be part of my novel:
dare

+ henchmen can do job and know there jobs
++ henchmen are plants by hero
+++ henchmen are double agents and are taking money from both sides
+++++ henchmen soo good they are the supervillans and using the named
villan as cover



I actually like that idea, though it will be tricky having intelligent henchmen. It could be fun though. At this point I'm thinking this might work out well. That's until I get to the fantasy dares. I've been around there for the last couple years, so I know what kinds of things they'll dare. 

I left this dare for someone to try:

+ A main character has to fight a large creature with a whip. 
++ The whip is covered in oil. (type of oil is up to you)
+++ The whip is abnormally short.
+++++ Each hit with the whip actually makes the creature more powerful in some way.

My word count is currently 0, so I better get some writing done before bed. Enjoy the first day and that rush of adrenaline that comes with a new story!

5 comments:

  1. I love this ambitious novel idea of yours, J! I can't wait to hear how it goes. I am chewing my nails and waiting until midnight - just one hour and five minutes to go. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! In some ways I think this project will be low-stress, as I have low expectations about the final result with so much randomness being added on a daily basis. At the same time, blogging about it and keeping track of the dares adds a bit of extra stress (and fun) to the proceedings. Good luck to you on your first day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck LT, will follow your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds very interesting Justin. Can't wait to read your blog. Good luck! xx (from Sonali, not Dave!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, guys! Hopefully this will give you both a bit of insight as to what I go through every November (and similarly in April, as well).

    ReplyDelete