Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The beginning! (Ok, pre-beginning)

If you've found this blog, likely it is because you were badgered into doing it by me. The alternative is that you found my novel description on the NaNoWriMo site and thought it sounded appealing. Either way, I'm glad to have you along for the ride.

Not much will be happening here on the blog until the end of October. But, from around October 30 things will be happening  here daily throughout November. My entries here will be short, because I'll have at least 1,667 words to write on my novel. However, please feel free to join me in my frustrations and joys as I try to take 28-30 random ideas from strangers and try to incorporate it all into 1 coherent (semi or semi-semi-coherent much more likely) story. Each day I will post my progress and the current dare of the day.

This will be good for those going through similar situations. (you are not alone!) For those not writing a novel in November, this will give you some very brief insight into what writing 50,000 words in a month is like. Hopefully you will enjoy what you see, and start to think about doing it yourself next year.

To those of you writing with me in November, bust of luck to us all! (we're going to need it)

3 comments:

  1. Apparently, badgering is what works; you badgered me into NaNoWriMo, and I badgered you into a blog. Regardless, congrats on actually DOING it... and I think semi- to incoherent entries will be ever so much more entertaining!
    - Kim
    P.S. I'm only commenting as my LiveJournal profile because I don't have a new blog myself yet. Ooops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't mean to bog you down just yet Justin, but how would you feel about adding Kim's story to your character in the form of a dream that keeps recurring - and developing. Most likely meaningless, but it could work in somewhere later...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe me Rodney, I am expecting a lot of shenanigans when it comes to my writing in November. Dream sequences are almost a definite this year! If Kim wants some of her characters to appear meaninglessly in dreams of mine, I'd probably be all for it!

    ReplyDelete